“100 Hours in 100 Days” | June 1 – Sept 10
Virtual Event For Horses Of Any Breed, Any Discipline!
General Registration: May 1 – May 25, 2023
(Discount code provided to CHHAPS members)
The Canadian Horse Heritage & Preservation Society invites you to join the third CHHAPS Challenge: “100 Hours in 100 Days” virtual event! Equestrians from Canada and the USA are welcome to participate with horses, mules or donkeys of any breed or discipline. Enjoy this dedicated time to strengthen your skills and the partnership with your favorite equine, all while helping an endangered breed.
Hours are accrued through mounted activities, in-harness and in-hand work, lunging, schooling, showing, grooming and even hand-grazing! Maximize your experience by setting a personal goal and engaging with fellow participants.
- Share photos in our Race Roster Gallery.
- Connect with others in our private Facebook group.
- Join a Team, or create one!
Record your hours on this website throughout the Challenge. Final hours and edits must be entered by midnight on September 10, to receive a commemorative pin and to become eligible for awards and prizes.
Register today to support a good cause and enjoy dedicated time with your horse!
- Separate registration required for each horse.
- Junior participants (18 & under) may participate, but a parent or legal guardian must register them for the event.
- Each Adult participant is to register themselves, (not multiple friends). Providing a correct email address during registration gives each participant the best user experience by ensuring you receive a Race Roster event confirmation with log-in link, private Facebook group invite, and future emails.
Your participation supports the Canadian Horse – a critically endangered breed!
Proceeds from the Challenge will be shared with two non-profit organizations dedicated to preserving the Canadian Horse – the National Horse of Canada:
1. The Canadian Horse Heritage & Preservation Society, (CHHAPS), generating breed awareness through educational activities, events, breed displays and demos at equine expos and fairs.
2. The Canadian Horse Rescue and Rehoming Society, serving at-risk and in-need Canadian horses in both Canada and the US. Thanks to participants and sponsors, the first two CHHAPS Challenge events provided significant donations to this registered charity.
Thanks to our wonderful sponsors: